Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Oops. Well...

So I tried something new thinking it would be quick and delicious.  After multiple attempts with adjustments to the recipe, my taste tester and I have decided that the results are below meh.
The plan was to make a mug bread pudding.  Yum, right?

Here we go.

5 T. milk
1 egg
1 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 slice of buttered bread, cut into bite-size pieces
Mix the first 5 ingredients in your mug, add the bread, let it soak for 5-10 minutes, microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.

Fail.

It was mushy, the egg (custard mixture) wasn't fully cooked, yuck.

Take 2.

Same ingredients, but I cut the bread into bigger pieces trying to eliminate the mushiness.  I also put everything except the bread into our Magic Bullet so it was completely blended. (Cinnamon is like cocoa and doesn't mix well.) AND, I upped the microwave time in increments of thirty seconds. Turns out after four minutes (!) it was cooked.

Results?

Still not great. I guess if you tell yourself it's like French toast, umm, maybe.  But it's not.

So here's the deal...if anyone can turn this into something delicious, let me know! I love a good mug recipe! Tonight's failed bread pudding is forcing me (heh...) to make a mug brownie, which is one recipe we have perfected!



No comments:

Post a Comment