Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2016

National Coffee Day!

According to Facebook, National Coffee Day is September 29th!

We’re from Seattle.  Coffee is a way of life.  Starbucks is on every corner and there are just as many quaint neighborhood coffee shops.  Yes, I have a “usual” order, (Venti Decaf Raspberry Mocha), and I’m up for a Java Chip Frappuccino all summer long.  Not to suck the fun out of those drinks (I’ll never give them up) but they are full of sugar.  Sad face.  I’ve seen Bulletproof Coffee everywhere (not Starbucks!) but have never tried it.

There are supposed health benefits to Butter Coffee.  Let’s divide and conquer.  Ingredients are coffee (duh), coconut oil, and grass-fed butter.

Fill your mug!First, the coffee.  Caffeine has many health benefits.  There are a lot of claims and studies.  I happen to get put in check any time I have a caffeinated coffee drink and get jittery and nervous, thus my decaf Starbucks fave.  I might just have to find a way to put some caffeine into my life after seeing how it can positively affect your health.

Some of the claims are that it:
·         Prevents mouth and throat and other cancers
·         Reduces risk of stroke
·         Decreases the risk of diabetes



There’s even research that supports caffeine protecting against Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.

There there’s the coconut oil.

Again, so many health claims, some being:
·         Cholesterol and Heart Health
·         Reducing Inflammation and Arthritis
·         Cancer prevention
·         Memory and Brain Function
·         Digestion
·         Skin Conditions (eczema, psoriasis, dandruff)
·         Bone health
·         And, like caffeine, is said to be an Alzheimer’s Disease treatment.

Finally, butter.  I see grass fed butter as the recommendation, and there are specific reasons why.  Grass fed is much higher in Omega 3's and Vitamin K2, which is responsible for 

Pros with eating real butter:
·         Protects against arthritis
·         Good source of Vitamins A, E, and K2
·         Promotes gastrointestinal health
·         Protects against cancer
·       
I saw a suggestion to put the drink into a blender (we have a Bullet) so you don’t end up with an oil slick floating on top.  If you can, do it!  It makes it nice and frothy

I have a huge disclaimer here that none of this is scientifically proven and I, like 99.9% of people, am going with what I find online.  Everything has its pros and cons, and I believe in having everything in moderation.

Butter Coffee
1 C. coffee
1 T. unsalted butter
1 T coconut oil

Good morning!

Have you tried Butter Coffee?
Let us know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment